February 28, 2014 § 1 Comment
ingredients: (serves 4)
• spring roll wrappers
• assorted raw veggies (carrots, red cabbage, lettuce)
• wide shallow plate filled with fresh room-temp water
• 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
• 1 to 2 T chopped peanuts
• 1 T sesame oil
• 2 T apple cider vinegar
• 1 T soy sauce
• 2 T maple syrup or agave nectar
• salt and pepper
slice and chop the cleaned vegetables into bite-sized pieces. place a spring roll wrapper into the water and let sit for around 15 to 20 seconds until slightly pliable. carefully remove, place onto a cutting board and carefully press out any access water with your fingers. in the center of the wrapper, pile in a bit of each vegetable. wrap together as you would a burrito and tightly roll. set aside as you finish the rest.
drop all of the ingredients for the sauce into a small jar. either mix with a small whisk or with the lid on, shake until well-emulsified. serve immediately and enjoy!
February 26, 2014 Comments Off
avocado on toast.. so simple, so good!
• 1 organic avocado
• fresh lemon juice
• gomashio (toasted sesame seeds + sea salt)
• 2 slices whole grain bread (dave’s killer bread)
slice the avocado and assemble onto the toasted bread slices. drizzle with a little lemon juice and sprinkle a bit of gomashio atop. enjoy!
February 25, 2014 Comments Off
at one point i was documenting every single thing that i ate. although this proved to be too labor-intenisve to keep up on a daily basis, it did help keep me in check with not only how much i ate, but also what i was putting into my body. i’m not going to do this again but i will from time to time post my meals which will help to keep me on track. today’s breakfast was delicious and energizing!
• organic frozen blueberries
• 1/2 organic frozen banana
• 1 tsp vanilla protein powder
• 1 tsp pure maple syrup
• 1/2 cup coconut milk
• 0% greek yogurt (fage)
• 1 tsp natural peanut butter
• handful organic baby spinach
• chia seeds (garnish)
• raw sunflower seeds (garnish)
blend and serve immediately. enjoy!
February 13, 2014 § 2 Comments
check out my round-up of last minute valentine ideas, enjoy your day! <3
February 11, 2014 § 1 Comment
February 4, 2014 § 1 Comment
up until now i had never made deviled eggs but have always had a minor obsession with them. i didn’t beautifully pipe the yellow filling into their slick white vessels but these look pretty good right? here’s a classic recipe for you.
• 6 eggs
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tsp white vinegar
• 1 tsp yellow mustard
• 1/8 tsp salt
• freshly ground black pepper
• paprika for garnish
1. place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with water. heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low and cook for 1 minute. remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water for 1 minute.
2. crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. gently dry with paper towels. slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter. mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. sprinkle with paprika, serve and enjoy!
January 25, 2014 Comments Off
with hella good ice-cream! even though i paid a hefty price for these gems, i won’t even say how much, i suppose it’s because they had to be shipped from columbus, ohio, and because of the farm-to-freezer ingredients, they were well worth it.. plus, i’m such a sucker for pretty packaging and penmanship.
photos: my own