everyday cat eye: how to
September 26, 2012 § 9 Comments
i love a great cat eye, but it usually looks too severe for everyday looks. i’m more of a subtle girl with my makeup and this is how i do it! all you need is an inexpensive eyeliner from the drugstore. i like to go with brown in keeping with the natural look, but whatever you decide upon, just be sure to choose an eyeliner that glides onto the skin easily and effortlessly. you may have to practice a number of times before this technique is mastered.
1. gently hold taut the outer corner of your eyelid.
2. following the top eyelash rim and using the tip of your brow bone as a guide, feel your way and apply in a light sweeping motion, one stroke, and one that is slightly turned outward and upward. you will only be applying pencil to the outer corner of the top eyelid here.
3. repeat step on the other eye making sure that they are even with one another.
4. refine the lines a bit with slightly dampened q-tips.
5. add a subtle shading of the same pencil to the bottom lids to finish the look.
6. brush eyebrows with a spooly.
7. set with a bit of translucent powder.
8. curl lashes if you’d like, i’ve not been doing this lately.