favorite flats: how to
January 7, 2013 § 6 Comments
you know that favorite pair of shoes that are not necessarily the best of quality but for some reason you find yourself wearing them over and over again? yeah, well these are those flats, and they had been looking pretty beat down i must say. i tried to donate them to goodwill but decided to make them over because the back of the heel had a water stain, not to mention a few scuff marks. i’d say that i can probably get a few more wears out of them now, thanks to some puffy paint and decorative duct tape which i added at the last minute because it was just too pretty.
you will need:
• a pair of gently used basic flats
• fabric paint in black
• mini sponge pouncer
• pretty duct tape
1. tape off the areas that you don’t want to paint
2. squeeze a little paint onto a palette surface
3. paint the surface of the shoe with the paint
4. allow to completely dry and remove duct tape
apply duct tape strips to the fronts of the shoes, they are also easily removable for a more simple look.