black bean brownies
March 25, 2014 § 2 Comments
these bad boys are also without flour and are so delicious! i love that they have such a rich chocolate depth of flavor without being too sweet. they’re super easy and guilt free so go ahead and bake these!
• 1 (15 oz) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon oil
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon espresso grounds (chocolate enhancer)
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly brewed coffee (optional)
• 1 cup good semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease a nonstick 9 x 9 inch square baking pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving a little overhang on all sides.
2. in a large bowl with a hand mixer, blend the black beans, eggs, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, oil, vanilla extract, coconut milk, balsamic vinegar, baking powder, baking soda, espresso grounds and coffee until smooth. fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips until combined. pour the brownie batter into the pan. sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top of the brownie mixture.
3. bake the brownies until a toothpick comes out clean in the center, about 30 minutes. allow to cool completely before slicing into squares. enjoy!